- Active ingredients policosanol — 20 mg
- Product form 30 film-coated scored tablets in blisters and carton pack
- Why it’s important? Policosanol is a mixture of alcohols isolated from Cuban sugar cane wax. It contains about 60 percent octacosanol. Policosanol offers a high-safety alternative for the decrease in cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides, LDL “bad” cholesterol.It is good for correction of borderline, moderate elevation of cholesterol levels without the risk of side effects common for synthetic statins.
- Possible applications FITOSTATIN® is recommended for long-term normalization of cholesterol levels and assures additional antioxidant and antithrombotic properties.The tablets are splitting ones that make easy the individual dosing.The product can be combined with synthetic statins helping to reduce their dosing.
- Method of administration and dosage Before taking it, you need to consult a doctor who will determine the individual course of use and the initial daily dose.
Adults may take 10 mg or 20 mg per day during dinner (since cholesterol biosynthesis is activated at night) with drinking water. If necessary, on the recommendation of a doctor, after 2 months the recommended daily dose can be increased. The maximum daily dose is 40 mg.
In the case of an initial dose of 10 mg per day, before use, it is necessary to break the tablet in half along the notch and take one half of the tablet, save the second part of the tablet for the next dose.
During the intake of PHYTOSTATIN, it is necessary to keep to the low-calorie diet with the restriction of the use of fats of animal origin and to control the level of cholesterol in serum every 2 months.
- Contraindications Pregnancy, and breast-feeding period, individual intolerance of the components.
- Manufactured in Ukraine