- Active ingredients Valerian root (Valeriana Officinalis L.) dry extract — 300 mg
- Product form 10/20 gelatin capsules in blisters and carton pack
- Why is it important? Valerian roots contain a valerenic acid that is believed to affect gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors in the brain. It is believed that one of the purposes of GABA is to control fear or anxiety experienced when nerve cells are overexcited. By doing so, extract of Valerian root may act as a mild sedative and anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing effect). EU Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) proved Valeriana Officinalis L., Radix extract to be effective in dose of 300 mg. (Doc. Ref. EMA/HMPC/150846/2015).
- Possible applications CALMERIA® has been developed according to the European approach of dosing for Valerian root dry extract to ensure proper sedation effect.CALMERIA® is recommended as an additional source of essential oil and valerenic acid in order to mitigate the course of sleep disorders; reduce the excitability of the central nervous system during stress and nervous overload, reducing anxiety; decrease in the intensity of manifestations of climacteric syndrome. CALMERIA® has a soothing effect.
- Method of administration and dosage To be taken by children over 12 years of age and adults 1-2 capsules 1-2 times a day. Capsules should be taken without chewing, drinking plenty of fluid. In case of sleep disturbances it is better to take 1 capsule for 30 minutes before bedtime or twice during the evening: 1 capsule for 2-3 hours before bedtime and 1 capsule for 30 minutes before bedtime.
Before using, a physician’s advice is recommended. The course of consumption is determined by the physician individually.
- Contraindications Pregnancy and breast-feeding period, individual intolerance of any of the components, hepatic or kidney failure.
- Manufactured in Ukraine